Topic is related to:
Move all folders / complete base path change
To move the LRZ Sync+Share data directory (see FAQ 201) to another partition, an empty folder "LRZ Sync+Share" should first be created on the desired hard disk partition, e.g. "
Now the data path can be moved in the LRZ Sync+Share client. To do so, set the Folders basepath from the default value to
D:\LRZ Sync+Share in the client's Settings menu (compare screenshot – FAQ 203). This will move all top-level folders locally on the client side without interruption.
Moving of one top-level folder
In order to move existing folders to a new basepath, follow the steps like enclosed:
- Moving to another location like from
D:\you have to assure that files are not locked by another process, like file manager or an editor.
- Choose in LRZ Sync+Share Client the particular folder, which you'd like to move.
- Open context menu by right mouse click on the particular folder and choose item 'Move'.
- Navigate to the new position in the directory tree and click the button 'New Directory' to create a folder with same name. E.g. if you like to want to move the folder with the name 'my_folder_01', then please create a new folder 'my_folder_01' and press 'OK'.
- Afterwards, answer the question 'Move content of the folder to the new location?' by clicking on 'Move'.
- You are informed, that the path to the local folder will be moved from the origin location to the target location. Please, confirm by pressing the button 'Continue'.
Moving top-level folders within the file explorer is absolutely not recommended, as this will lead to loss of data. Instead apply always the 'Move' option of the LRZ Sync+Share client.
- FAQ 323: How do I regroup top-level folders in LRZ Sync+Share?
- FAQ 201: What are the installation and configuration paths?
- FAQ 131: What is a top-level folder in LRZ Sync+Share?
- FAQ 132: How to restore deleted data?