- With answers to the following questions, we want to make it easier for Master Users to get started using the LRZ IDM-Portal and document the most important terms and processes. For all other questions regarding LRZ user administration, master users are welcome to contact their respective LRZ advisor.
- As a master user of LRZ high-performance systems (SuperMUC-NG), you will often not find the appropriate answers here. Please refer primarily to the documentation and instructions for Access and Overview of HPC Systems. The application for a SuperMUC-NG project runs via the GCS, see GCS regular project on SuperMUC-NG.
Basics and terminology
- Terms in the LRZ user administration (LRZ project, institution, LRZ-account, LRZ advisor, groups)
- Terms in the IDM portal (user class, kind of institution, user name, contact e-mail-address, statistics category, Remarks on an account)
- Processes in the IDM portal (Tasks and basic operations of Master Users)
Instructions for the master user services in the IDM portal
- Create and change accounts
- Blocking and deleting accounts
- Import LMU accounts
- How to manage groups
- Functional accounts and services such as e-mail, web server, ...