Pitfalls when moving files or subfolders out the base path
- macOS / Linux:
Moving subfolders out of the LRZ Sync+Share base path
Subfolder on the LRZ Sync+Share server is deleted!
If the subfolder is moved in the file explorer of the operating system, the LRZ Sync+Share client considers this as a deletion.
Moving top-level folders out of the LRZ Sync+Share base path (client versions ≤ 15.X)
Top-Level folder 1 is no longer synchronized.
In the client interface, the folder icon is displayed in gray (→ FAQ 125).
Tip for shared top-level folders
For shared top-level folders, you can change access permissions from "Read+Write" to "Read", if not absolutely necessary. This can reduce the risk of inadvertent deletions.
- FAQ 323: How do I regroup top-level folders in LRZ Sync+Share?
- FAQ 132: What are the possibilities to recover deleted data?
- FAQ 131: What is a top-level folder in LRZ Sync+Share?
- FAQ 125: Stopping synchronization of a top-level folder
- FAQ 113: How to move top-level folders (after changing the base path)?
- FAQ 201: What are the installation and configuration paths?