The LRZ Sync+Share software archives older file versions. By default 5 file versions are kept. If you regularly clean up the archived files, you can free space in your user account. There are two ways to delete the online file histories (on the LRZ Sync+Share server):
- Delete all old file versions (for all top-level folders of the S+S account):
- Log in via the LRZ Sync+Share web interface.
Click on the recycle bin icon in the left menu bar.
Click on Purge old file versions in the upper left corner.
- Delete old file versions for individual top-level folders:
Please note that the deletion is performed in the background and may take some time in some cases (especially with large data volumes >10 GB).
- FAQ 130: How do I free disk space that is occupied by file versioning?
- FAQ 132: How to restore deleted data?
- FAQ 104: How much storage is available for my Sync+Share account?