HOME directory path will change
You will find all HOME data in the new DSS HOME area, data migration will be performed by LRZ (unless you are specifically notified that you need to perform HOME data migration yourself). For emergency recoveries, the legacy NAS area (pointed to by the HOME_LEGACY variable) will remain available in read-only mode until the end of the year.
Following action is required on your part: Make necessary adjustments to (job) scripts and configuration data to account for the changes in path names. LRZ strongly recommends using relative path names because this minimizes the required work.
NAS PROJECT path is mounted read-only
DSS PROJECT available on HPC systems
Following action is required on your part:
Migrate data from the legacy NAS area (pointed to by the PROJECT_LEGACY variable) to the new DSS area. LRZ strongly advises to get rid of unneeded data sets, and/or archive data sets to tape.
Step-by-step procedure for migration:
- On any cluster login node, issue the command
This will list paths to accessible containers, as well as quota information etc.
- Edit your shell profile and set the PROJECT and/or WORK variable to a
suitable path value based on the above output, typically one of the DSS
paths with your account name appended to it.
- Use the cp or rsync or tar command to migrate your data from
PROJECT_LEGACY to the new storage area.
- If your scripts use absolute path names instead of the PROJECT or
WORK variable, they need appropriate updates
User e-Mail notification of DSS PROJECT link
Following actions are required on your part:
- Confirm the e-Mail invitation to validate your access,
- After the Linux Cluster maintenance (see below), store path information in an environment variable on the Cluster (e.g. by setting the PROJECT variable in ~/.bashrc).
One this is done, migrating data from NAS PROJECT to DSS PROJECT can start