When using adblockers, the Share icon may not be visible. It is recommended to disable the adblocker for LRZ Sync+Share (see also FAQ 315).
If a document or several documents of a folder should only be made available for viewing, you can send a link. This way you can avoid large attachments in e-mails by simply sending a link. LRZ Sync+Share offers the possibility to create links to files. Even whole folders can be included. You can copy this link to the cache and share it with other users via email, chat services etc.
Furthermore, you can optionally password protect the link, set an expiry date and/or configure the maximum number of downloads via this link.
To create a web link proceed as follows:
- Log in via the web browser at https://syncandshare.lrz.de.
- Click on the "Share" icon in the far right corner .
- Click on "Create Link" at the bottom left.
- Optionally, you can set an expiration date, a maximum number of downloads and/or a password in the "Can read" drop-down menu on the right under "Settings".
- Optionally, you can also allow uploading files and folders via the drop-down menu on the right (see FAQ 128).
- Now you can copy the created link and distribute it, e.g. by e-mail.
Individual files or entire folders can be made available for download to any person using a web link. The download is done as a ZIP file.
If you want to ensure that a link is only used once, you should set the "Max Downloads" option to "1". Alternatively, you can also configure an expiration date for the link. Additionally, a WEB link can be protected with a password. Please remember to transfer the password securely to the recipient.
In your web browser you can get an overview of your created links via "Links" in the left menu and you can remove them if necessary.
Please obey the LRZ Sync+Share security recommendations!
Modification of the expiry date of links
When links are created, a validity date of 30 days is set by default ().
The validity date can also be deleted, if required, so that the links will never expire. This may be desired for links that are to be embedded on websites or learning platforms (Moodle).
To remove the validity date and thus have links with unlimited validity, proceed as follows:
- Log in via https://syncandshare.lrz.de.
- Click on "Links" on the left.
- Select a link with an expiration date.
- Place a checkmark by clicking on the folder icon on the far left.
- Select "Settings" at the top right.
- In the first field with the expiration date, click on the left-pointing arrow with the "X" on the right.
- Confirm the changes by clicking on "Save".
- FAQ 127: How do upload forms work?
- FAQ 128: How do combined upload & download web links work?
- FAQ 129: How do public web links work?
- FAQ 111: How do invitations work?
- FAQ 131: What is a top-level folder at LRZ Sync+Share?