Special note on shared data
If you send an invitation to a top-level folder, there are three possible scenarios:
- I invite someone who is already registered at LRZ Sync+Share.
This is the easiest case. In the input field "Username/E-Mail" enter the email address of the user you want to invite. The invited person will receive an appropriate e-mail with the invitation.
The user can log in now with his/her usual account and accept or decline the invitation.
- I invite someone who is not yet registered at LRZ Sync+Share, but already has a valid account in the composition ri12abc.
In the input field "Username/E-Mail" enter the email address of the new user you want to invite. The LRZ Sync+Share service automatically registers the new user. The new user will receive an e-mail with the invitation.
He/she can now login to the LRZ Sync+Share service with his ID.
He/she sees the invitation and can accept or decline it.
The new user can create folders and send invitations.
- I invite someone who is not yet registered at LRZ Sync+Share and does not have a valid account in the composition ri12abc.
In the input field "Username/E-Mail" enter the email address of the new user you want to invite. In this case, the invited person is a new external user or guest. He is not a member of the BADW, the LRZ, the TUM, the LMU, the HM, or a registered Bavarian university.
The LRZ Sync+Share service registers the external user under his/her email address.
The external user receives a "welcome" email with his username (email address) including a link to activate his user account.
Additionally, the user receives a second email with the invitation.
After the initial registration, the user sees the invitation to the folder that has been shared with him/her. The invitation can be accepted or rejected.
Tip: Inviting multiple users
It is possible to enter several email addresses separated by commas. In the web interface, email addresses can also be collected (one per row) in a spreadsheet document and copied directly into the invitation field.
Problems might occur if you invite more than 20 users at once. Split up the invitations:
For example, if 100 people need to be invited in total, you could prepare 5 invitation cycles with 20 users each.
The following input formats that are applicable for the invitation field in the web are listed below (last check: ):
Please check the email addresses for typing errors and make sure that the email addresses are valid!
- FAQ 120: How do I create a download web link?
- FAQ 127: How do upload forms work?
- FAQ 128: How do combined upload & download web links work?
- FAQ 129: How do public web links work?
- FAQ 131: What is a top-level folder in LRZ Sync+Share?
- FAQ 207: How do I add an email address to my LRZ Sync+Share account?
- FAQ 119: How can I transfer the ownership of top-level folders to another user?
- FAQ 135: What happens if I do not log in to Sync+Share for a long time?