|Online Course||Introduction to LRZ HPC Systems with Focus on CFD Workflows|
|Date||21.07.2021 – 21.07.2021|
|Registration deadline||15.07.2021 23:55|
The focus of this short course is to provide to beginners in High Performance Computing (HPC) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) a crash course like introduction to the following essential knowledge:
- Introduction to the LRZ Linux Cluster Systems and computing environment
- Introduction to a typical user environment on LRZ Linux Cluster systems
- Linux terminal access and file transfer tools
- Usage of the module system
- The batch queuing or scheduling system SLURM
- Introduction to a typical CFD-oriented workflow on the example of ANSYS CFD and StarCCM+
- Aspects of licensing of commercial CFD software at LRZ
- Q & A
Contents are subject to modifications.
This course is addressed to young scientists, PHD students and under-graduate students (Master level) with so far limited to no experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), but with the aim to use in future the High-Performance Computing (HPC) resources of the LRZ for their fluid mechanics oriented research. For this introductory course no further pre-existing HPC knowledge is required.
The content level of the course is broken down as:
Dr.-Ing. habil. Thomas Frank (LRZ)
Prices and Eligibility
The course is free of charge for people from academia and industry from EU or PRACE member countries.
Please register with your official e-mail address to prove your affiliation. Following your successful registration, you will receive further information approx. 2 weeks before the course.
For registration for LRZ courses and workshops we use the service edoobox from Etzensperger Informatik AG (www.edoobox.com). Etzensperger Informatik AG acts as processor and we have concluded a Data Processing Agreement with them.
|1||21.07.2021||14:00 – 17:00||Thomas Frank||ONLINE||Lecture|