- Simplified application: Only abstract needed (up to 1,000 characters)
- Can last up to 24 months
- Rolling call: applications can be sent throughout the year
- Fast review process
- Budget of 300,000 core hours:
- compile your application
- test if your applicaton works
- perform scaling tests (needed for regular and large scale applications)
The image shows the process of applying for a GCS test project on SuperMUC-NG. All applications for projects on SuperMUC are managed through the GCS-JARDS tool, hosted by GCS, the Gauss Centre for Supercomputing.
After finalizing your application within the GCS-JARDS website, you will be asked to print out and sign the "Principal Investigator’s Agreement for Access to HPC resources". Scan the signed document and email it to HPC-Benutzerverwaltung@lrz.de.
Once your project is approved, your SuperMUC-NG project will be created by LRZ. GCS-JARDS is used to manage the review process, collect status reports, final reports, dissemination material, and to manage project extensions.
The above image shows the process of applying for a GCS test project on SuperMUC-NG.
Upload your application
Log in to GCS-JARDS to upload your application.