How can the synchronization of a local top-level folders be stopped without deleting data on the Sync+Share server? This question is often asked in connection with uninstalling the LRZ Sync+Share client. Especially for shared folders it is important that there is no data loss.
The synchronization of a top-level folder can be stopped in the LRZ Sync+Share client. Right clicking on a folder opens a context menu with the option "Stop Sync" (see step 1). Then confirm with the "Stop Sync" button. Here you can select whether the files located in the "LRZ Sync+Share directory" on the computer should be deleted or not (see step 2). Afterwards the folder should be grayed out in the client program.
Active synchronisation - yellow icon:
Keeps data on the computer as well as on the
LRZ Sync+Share server
Delete files locally
No deletions will take place online on the
Stopped Synchronisation - gray icon:
- FAQ 131: What is a top-level folder in LRZ Sync+Share?
- FAQ 201: What are the installation and configuration paths?
- FAQ 203: How do I enable the advanced settings?
- FAQ 320: What does the yellow warning triangle in the LRZ Sync+Share client mean?
- FAQ 119: How can I give individual folders to another user?
- FAQ 132: How to restore deleted data?